23/05/2016 - Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) are recruiting a Principal Economist for their Glasgow office. Please read below for details. Click here for details of how to apply.
Our contribution to development and regeneration is ever expanding and we’re looking for someone to join our team in Glasgow to provide a broad range of economic advice to our clients in support of their development and strategy ambitions.
This is a unique opportunity to work alongside acknowledged expertise across a truly multi-disciplinary business to develop new business relationships and deliver excellence for our clients.
You are likely have at least 5 years post graduate experience in an economics / development environment, marshalling economic arguments in making the case for development and / or policy.
- Reinforce our economics team in Scotland in response to a combination of existing workloads, emerging City Deal opportunities and making the economic case in support of our clients development ambitions
- Project support through management, analysis and delivery; and delegation of appropriate tasks to junior staff
- Work winning capability
- Maintain and build positive client relationships
- Understanding and experience of operating in the Scottish market
- Demonstrated work winning ability through client and network relationships
- Effective bid writing capability
- Economics or related degree
- Experience of public and private sector requirements, economic impact assessments and appraisals, business case development
- Excellent understanding of economic principles associated with development and infrastructure
- Preparing evidence bases and analysis as part of Business Cases and/or planning application or Development Plan preparation
- Good communicator and facilitator, orally and in writing – authoring reports and co-ordinating inputs.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.