Application deadline: 10 May 2017
Are you committed to a career in economic development? Do you want to become part of an exciting business and help us to achieve our growth plans? ekosgen is one of the UK’s leading independent economic consultancy firms providing advice to public and private sector clients. We provide economic and social insight to help our clients make better decisions and have a positive impact on people, places and the economy. We aim to be their consultant of choice for expert advice, timely support, innovative thinking and realistic, affordable and workable strategies and plans.
As a consultant your workload will always be changing to reflect new local and national priorities and the needs of our individual clients but you will work on a wide range of economic issues including employment, skills, innovation, business growth, communities, health, land and premises, culture, leisure and tourism.
Flexibility, team player, listens to clients and has a passion for new ideas and creativity, great at multi-tasking, self-motivated and energetic, can keep calm under pressure and exhibits professionalism. If you think you fit the bill then we want to hear from you!
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual seeking career progression, with:
- A good honours degree (and ideally a post-graduate qualification) in economics, social geography, politics or town planning
- At least 5 years previous consultancy and/or research experience
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent written skills including report writing
- Experience of managing or commissioning consultancy projects
Experience in two or more of the following areas of work is also required:
- Economic impact assessment
- Project and programme evaluation
- Project development and case making support
- Strategy development
- Socio-economic assessment
We offer a competitive salary and a range of other benefits including:
- 35 days holiday
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee wellbeing initiatives such as cycle to work scheme, travel pass funding
- A positive and supportive work culture where people are supported to realise their full potential (including through a performance and career management system and training)
- Staff Wellbeing Package which includes free dental and optical care
- Performance Related Bonus
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, religion, age or sexuality.
If you are interested in working for a dynamic organisation please send us your CV with a covering letter by email to Lee Williamson, Business Support Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 10th May 2017.
Original advertisement: http://www.ekosgen.co.uk/working-with-us/current-vacancies/