Peel Tower - Glentress Forest, Peebles
Full information and booking at Eventbrite
The Mountain Bike Centre of Scotland (MTBCOS) and the Textiles Future Forum (TFF) are running an event to help convert ideas into real, commercially viable opportunities.
This event will provide a forum for you to use the power of collaboration to overcome common business problems such as obtaining funding, design issues, IP shortages, manufacturing issues and market intelligence.
Each attendee will get an opportunity to take part in a Speed Pitching session to articulate their needs to the whole audience. Start with a conversation, identify partners with common goals or solutions and build opportunities to innovate.
Opportunities in Cycling:
- Performance clothing- wicking textiles and breathable water proof coatings
- Security - Body armour and protection
- Medical and compression garments
- Smart textiles and integrated electronics
- Carbon fibre applications – high end bike frames and components
- Accessories – Bags, footwear, gloves
- Industrial textiles – e.g. use for construction in mountain bike trails
Who should attend:
- Textiles manufacturers & designers
- Cycling & Outdoor clothing manufacturers & designers
- Academics from sports science, textiles, product design, electronics, polymerists, engineering backgrounds.
- Students & Entrepreneurs with a business idea
9.30am Arrival and Welcome
10am TFF and MTBCOS welcome and introduction Joe Pacitti and Danny Cowe
10.20am Speed Pitching
11.20am Networking Session
12 noon Lunch and Refreshments
12.45pm Speed Pitching
1.30pm Networking Session
2pm Thankyou and Close